the knowledge that your immigrant parents have a whole world of knowledge to them, that they know myths and legends that you don’t, that they know pieces of culture that you don’t, that they know a tongue that your tongue will never taste
the knowledge that your parents’ knowledge…
1. In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.
2. When Word tells you to “revise a fragment” it means add a semicolon.
3. A hot shower can help to unblock a stuffy nose and help relieve cold and flu symptoms.
4. Apples are more powerful than caffeine at helping you stay awake.
5. If you’re having trouble falling asleep, count backwards from 99. Most times you’ll fall asleep before even getting to 50. If not, try 1000
6. Fun party trick: put Skittles and M&M’s in the same bowl, wait for someone to grab a bite.
7. Stop worrying about people who aren’t worried about you.
8. Don’t let yourself be controlled by three things: People, money and your past experiences.
9. Want a free one-night rental from Redbox? Use the promo code “DVDNIGHT”.