playing the victim.
Take accountability for your actions. Things don’t just happen to you. You choose how to act, what to say, and how you manage situations. Before you start blaming the world, consider your actions and how they might have contributed to your circumstance.
I’m adding more songs to my iphone to listen to on the trip. Anyone have any suggestions?
ill try to ask what our itinerary is!
Can’t they invent something like Hermione’s bag extender already? It would really come in useful and I would pay top money for that. But seriously, I think a two luggage max for a month and a half long holiday is a little cruel. This will be my biggest challenge. I know I’m totally exaggerating and whining, especially since I’m going on holiday, but trying to pack all my necessaries into two luggages is insanely hard. I’ve gotta pick favorites. Even my space savers won’t help me now. I’m trying to bargain with Bryan so I can put my shoes in his luggage. I don’t think it’s working.
I wish more people were my size =/ I would totally swap! lol
Sorry I didn’t have enough time today to finish, but hopefully tomorrow!
I will be updating shopmangotatoes later today with some new stuff! Be on the look out for a later notification when I’m done ;]
I think my love for food comes from my Mom (and probably my Dad’s love for my Mom’s food lol). As a kid I ate like a king, especially when it came to Filipino food. My Mom and her kitchen was/is a treasure in our house. I say her kitchen because no one else loves it or spends more time in it than she does. It’s her calling, and I’m not just saying this because she’s a woman, it’s her passion and I’ve never seen anyone else so passionate about it than my Mom. It’s no coincidence that I’m so picky when it comes to food, especially the quality of a home cooked meal or any meal in fact. I’ve benefited a lot from my Mom’s talent, obviously nothing you can see physically, but it’s there. I appreciate so much from just the fact that my Mom loves to cook, she’s influenced a lot of my character just because she has this insatiable appetite to learn more about what she’s passionate about. Thanks to my Mom, I actually started cooking in college because being away from her cooking made me miss real food. Getting Filipino food at a restaurant or point to point is almost like a waste of time. It’s nice looking back at how far our relationship has developed. I call her every now and then for more recipes, even though it’s a painful process (my Mom does not do specific recipes, she cooks with confidence and years of knowledge that I could never understand) So whenever she tries to tell me how much to put she just guesstimates and that takes a LONG time, but I’m grateful she’s able to share with me this history.
If you’ve ever experienced me eating food that is a hit, you will totally understand why after reading this. Eating is really exciting for me. I’m glad I have Bryan who can understand great food as much as I can. His mom is an incredible cook too, which is just one of the many weird coincidences we’ve found out about our lives. Anyways, as I sit here eating a butt load of these sweet potato latkes, I can’t help but thank God my Mom loves to cook or I’d have practically no idea what great Filipino cooking is.
THANK GOD! I was having major anxiety all weekend and felt like I couldn’t really celebrate graduation until I knew I passed this class. Now I can breathe.
- Salvation Army in Lake Forest
- Lincoln Thrift in Anaheim
- Goodwill Warehouse in Santa Ana
- Wasteland on Melrose
- Goodwill in Lake Forest
1. This place has the best pricing. It’s super cheap as is but whenever we go it’s usually having a sale like 10 pieces of clothing for $2 each, or 50% all clothing items. It really feels like a steal. I think it was usually renovated or at least they organized the store a lot better so it’s much more organized than before. The clothes are fairly clean (they usually smell like old woman, but that’s how most old clothes smell like ha). It’s kind of far since it’s toward the southern side of the OC, but it’s my favorite place to find things. They have a variety of stuff even though the store is pretty small.
2. I’ve only been to this place once, but I really liked it. It’s fairly large and there’s a lot of selection. It’s a bit more disorganized than SA but they have a lot of variety. The pricing is the usual thrift store pricing i.e. $1-2 for a blouse or $3-4 for a skirt. I rarely see items more than $5 unless it’s something really extravagant.
3. This place is exactly like it sounds. It’s probably a breeding ground for germs, but it’s a goldmine if you can somehow handle the insane disorganization and mess. It’s a huge warehouse with tubs and tubs filled with lots of clothes and accessories and other items. The really amazing part about this is that you buy clothes by the pound and I think it’s about $2~ a pound. My roommate found a vintage fur coat for super cheap. The clothes come dirty, clean and in between. It’s pretty much a free for all, but I’ve found a lot of fabric and project DIY pieces from this place.
4. This isn’t really a thrift store, more like a consignment store/retail store so the pricing is a bit on the high side. The great thing about this store is that there’s a lot of great designer pieces, but you still have to be willing to spend a chunk of change. I’ve gotten Miu Miu wooden heels for $55, so I deem it worth it once in awhile. It’s really clean and organized.
5. This goodwill is an average sized thrift store, there’s usually a lot of people there, which can kind of get annoying. It’s organization is ok, but the shoe area is a nightmare. The pricing is more than SA, it’s about $4-5 for a blouse, but they also have sales most days and you can get $1 items depending on what tags they have on sale that day.
So I hope this helped! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
*not ranked in specific order
Hi, it’s actually not that hard to find thrift stores in the OC for me, I usually see them while we’re going somewhere else and I try to remember where I see them lol. But since your question is so detailed I’ll answer this in a regular post. And as for the skirts, I actually ponder from time to time about that and I’d probably be willing to do some if more people are interested. ;]
I am taking cat naps and doing diy projects. My priorities are obviously not the norm.
play me: mangotatoes